Weapons Charges Attorney Pennsylvania
Criminal Defense for Weapons Charges in Southeastern Pennsylvania
At the Pennsylvania law firm of Prince Law Offices, P.C., we do more than offer criminal defense services to individuals facing charges relating to weapons violations. As a law firm dedicated to protecting the rights of gun owners, we are sometimes able to turn weapons charges around and file lawsuits against government agencies for violating our clients’ rights relating to owning and carrying weapons.
Prince Law Offices, P.C., has offices in several locations throughout southeastern Pennsylvania. Our attorneys offer aggressive criminal defense services for individuals facing criminal weapons charges. Our criminal defense lawyers include former prosecutors as well as attorneys who work in other areas of law relating to firearm rights. Call toll free at 888-313-0416 or contact us online to schedule a consultation, except for firearms law consults.
Our criminal defense attorneys can provide information about your legal rights as well as legal representation in all types of weapons charges cases:
- Carrying a concealed weapon without a license
- Possessing a Title II firearm that is not registered under the National Firearms Act
- Discharging a firearm within city limits
- Violating zoning ordinances that prohibit use of firearms in certain locations
- Felon in possession of a firearm
In addition to crimes specifically relating to the possession of a weapon, we provide criminal defense services in cases where the weapons charge goes along with another criminal charge. When a gun is used in committing a crime — or sometimes even when the defendant has a gun in the vicinity of where the crime was committed — the fact of possession is an aggravating factor that may result in a higher sentence upon conviction. This is especially true in drug crimes cases, as well as with any type of violent crime such as assault.
We handle other types of firearms cases that are related to criminal weapons charges:
- We file false arrest lawsuits if a police officer arrests someone for openly carrying a weapon. Open carry is legal in Pennsylvania so long as the individual is otherwise in legal possession of the weapon.
- We file petitions for expungements or pardons to return a person’s right to own a firearm.
- We fight cities that enact city codes that unlawfully restrict gun owners’ rights.
- We negotiate firearms surrenders in domestic violence cases. We will frequently ask the judge to allow surrender to a neutral third party instead of to the sheriff’s office. This type of surrender usually makes it easier for the individual to regain possession of his or her weapon once the surrender period ends.
For two decades, we’ve been earning the trust of your family,
friends, neighbors and co-workers. Today, let us earn yours.
If you or someone you know is facing criminal weapons charges, or if you believe your constitutional rights to own and use firearms have been violated, contact Prince Law Offices, P.C. We offer private initial consultations. Call 610-845-3803 or toll free at 888-313-0416, or contact us online and someone will respond promptly.