Pennsylvania Naturalization Attorneys
Many immigrants dream of becoming citizens of the United States. This country's immigration laws provide the path to citizenship through the process known as naturalization. If you want to take advantage of this opportunity, make sure you have an experienced lawyer to guide you.
The Pennsylvania naturalization lawyers at Prince Law Offices, P.C., are here to help you attain U.S. citizenship. We will be with you every step of the way as you pursue one of the greatest milestones of your life. We provide friendly, helpful immigration law services to all who seek them.
Basic Requirements for Naturalization
To be eligible to apply for citizenship, you must already be a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR). In other words, you must have a green card. Generally, you must first obtain an immigrant visa, then adjust status to LPR then apply for naturalization.
How long must you wait to apply for citizenship? The answer depends on your marriage status.
- If you are married to a U.S. citizen, you must have LPR status for three years and live inside the U.S. continuously for one and a half years.
- If you are unmarried or married to a non-citizen, you must be an LPR for five years with a two and a half year continuous residency requirement.
Regardless of marital status, every immigrant who applies for naturalization must meet certain requirements. The applicant must:
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of application
- Not have certain criminal convictions on his or her record
- Have supporting documents such as birth certificates, marriage certificates and two passport photos
- Present three years of income tax returns
- Present a valid divorce decree if an earlier marriage has ended
- Pass a test on U.S. history and government
As experienced Pennsylvania naturalization lawyers at Prince Law Offices, P.C., understand all of the complex requirements for citizenship. We can walk you through the process and make it as smooth as possible.
Contact a Citizenship Lawyer Today for a Free Consultation
To learn more about how our attorneys can help you realize your dream of U.S. citizenship, please call 610-845-3803 or toll free 888-313-0416. You can also contact our law firm online.
Your initial consultation is free of charge.
Many Pennsylvania Office Locations …
Each One Managed by a Dedicated, Local Attorney
Click here to view our immigration brochure.