Howard S. Wolfe
Mr. Wolfe worked for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF/BATFE) for thirty-six years. Of those thirty-six years, he spent thirty years as the Area Supervisor for the Pittsburgh Area Field Office and, on several extended details, held the positions of Acting Director of Industry Operations in Philadelphia and Acting Chief of the National Firearms Act (NFA) Branch in Washington, D.C.
He has conducted or supervised several thousand Firearms Application Investigations, hundreds of Firearms Compliance Investigation, evaluating the compliance of existing business, and was one of the authors of the firearms and explosives portions of the ATF's latest "Industry Operations Investigator's Handbook."
He is now working for Prince Law Offices, P.C., helping Federal Firearms Licensees (FFLs) ensure compliance with the federal laws and regulations, performing mock audits and compliance inspections, and assisting with advice on changes that FFLs should implement. As an employee of Prince Law Offices, P.C., all of his findings are protected by attorney-client privilege; thereby, ensuring that all work performed is confidential and not subject to disclosure, provided the client does not disclose any of the reports or findings.
- 36 years as an ATF Inspector and Area Supervisor.
- 30 years as the Area Supervisor of the Pittsburgh Area Office.
- Several extended details as the Director of Industry Operations in Philadelphia and a detail as the Chief of the NFA Branch in Washington, D.C.
- Conducted or supervised several thousand Firearms Application Investigations, qualifying new licensees to commence business.
- Conducted or supervised hundreds of Firearms Compliance Investigations, evaluating the compliance of existing businesses.
- Primary author of the ATF portion of the first "Partnership for Progress" seminar in conjunction with the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF).
- Member of the Transition Focus Group involving ATF's move from the Treasury Department to the Justice Department.
- One of the authors of the Justice Department position description for the ATF Industry Operations Investigator.
- One of the authors of the firearms and explosives portions of ATF's latest "Industry Operations Investigator's Handbook".
- Conducted more than 50 seminars for licensed firearms dealers in conjunction with the Pennsylvania State Police and local Sheriffs in Western Pennsylvania.
- Conducted training classes for the Pennsylvania State Police Insta-check Operators concerning Federal laws relating to firearms.
- Participated in six training classes for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute concerning the Federal regulation of the firearms industry.