Ryan Murphy is a Summa Cum Laude graduate of Drexel University and an alumnus of the Penn State Dickinson School of Law.
While in law school, Ryan held internships with the Offices of General Counsel for the Social Security Administration and the Pennsylvania Department of Education, as well as with the District Attorney's Offices in Dauphin and Cumberland Counties.
After law school Ryan worked in the Philadelphia District Attorney's Office, where he prosecuted Philadelphia's hardened criminals in Municipal Court, representing the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in misdemeanor trials and felony preliminary hearings before he moved to the Appeals Unit.
In the Appeals Unit, Ryan fought to uphold criminal convictions before the Superior Court of Pennsylvania, including violations of the Uniform Firearms Act, drug trafficking crimes, and, in one case, the murder of a Philadelphia Police Officer.
Before joining Prince Law Offices, Ryan worked in the legal department of a major pharmaceutical company, where he drafted several types of complex contracts and negotiated budgets for clinical trials.
Ryan is a firearms enthusiast and defender of the 2nd Amendment. In addition to being an NRA-certified pistol instructor, Ryan regularly shoots trap and enjoys board shoots in Berks County, where he lives with his wife, a native of Boyertown. Ryan also enjoys sailing, rowing, traveling, and collecting records.
Areas of Practice:
- Firearms Law
- Hunting & Gaming Law
- Civil Rights
- Contract Law
- Social Security Disability
- Criminal Defense
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Berks County Bar Association
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Volunteer Attorney, Present
- Philadelphia V.I.P., Volunteers for the Indigent, Volunteer Attorney, Apr.– July 2011
- Philadelphia Museum of Art, Membership & Development, May 2010 – Jan. 2011
- Youth Vault Incorporated, Legal Writer, Feb. – May 2010
- Habitat for Humanity, Drexel University Chapter, President, 2002-2005