Phone 610-845-3803 ext 81114
Toll Free 877-860-5135
Joshua Prince was born and raised in Berks County, PA, and is the fourth generation of Princes practicing in the local area; the son of Warren H. Prince, grandson of Harold H. Prince, and great-grandson of Joseph L. Prince. Joshua graduated from The Hill School in 2000 and McGill University in 2005 with a double major in Political Science and World Religions. He then went on to attend Widener Law School, where he was a member of the Widener Law Journal, and in 2009 graduated with honors, Cum Laude.
Joshua is very Rights oriented and as such, has focused his practice on Firearms Law. He is an avid firearms collector and target shooter, who owns numerous Title II (NFA) firearms, as well as, Title I firearms. More importantly, he understands the need for a dedicated firearms lawyer who will ensure that the State and Federal Right to Keep and Bear Arms will not be infringed. Joshua has taught numerous Continuing Legal Education (CLE) seminars on Firearms Law for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute and local bar associations.
Joshua's dedication to protection of our firearms rights began during law school when he wrote an article on the Inaccuracy of the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record (NFRTR), which has been cited to in several federal appellate briefs.
You can often find Joshua posting on several internet forums, including Subguns, Uzitalk, AR15, and PAFOA. He also holds PA Firearms Law classes for local ranges to help inform the public of the firearm laws of the Commonwealth.
When not involved in the practice of the law or firearms related endeavors, he can be found cooking, hitting the gym, and trying anything new that comes his way. Following in his father's footsteps, he is also a Board member for the Pottstown Police Athletic League (PAL).
Areas of Practice
Any and all aspects of Firearms Law, including:
- Self-Defense Shootings
- License to Carry Firearms Denials
- Challenges to Erroneous PICS Denials
- Relief from Firearms Disabilities
- Estate Planning Advice
- Gun/NFA Trusts
- 42 U.S.C. 1983 Actions for Deprivation of Civil Rights
- Federal Firearms Licensees
- Corporate Structure Advise and FFL Procurement, including specialized corporate Operating Agreements and By-Laws for FFLs
- Sale Contracts
- Import/Export Regulations and ITAR Compliance
- ATF Compliance Inspections
- Warning Letters and Hearings
- FFL Revocations
- Forfeiture Proceedings
- Gun Clubs and Ranges
- Corporate Structure Advise and FFL Procurement, including specialized corporate Operating Agreements and By-Laws for Gun Clubs and Ranges
- Indoor/Outdoor Implementation and OSHA Compliance Issues
- Defense against Nuisance Suits
- Waivers and Indemnification Agreements
- PA Supreme Court in 2009
- District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania 2010
- District Court for the District of Colorado - 2011
- District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania - 2012
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit - 2012
- District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania - 2012
- United States Supreme Court - 2013
- Widener Law School Juris Doctorate, Cum Laude 2009
- McGill University Double Major of Political Science and World Religions, B.A. with honors
- The Hill School - 2000
- I Bequeath My Machine Gun to. . . Pennsylvania Bar Association publication (Real Property, Probate and Trust Law, Issue # 64, Fall 2007)
- The Weidner/Hendricks Headache - Fee Disputes in Workers’ Compensation Matters Widener Law Journal, Volume 18, No. 2.
- Violating Due Process - Convictions based on the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record when its Records are Missing not yet published.
Firearms Law 101: Knowing When Your Client Loses His/Her Second Amendment Rights - PA Bar Association's Young Lawyer Division's newsletter
- 18th Annual Estate Law Institute Firearms in Estates Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 2011.
- Pennsylvania Gun Crimes and Sentencing Montgomery Bar Association, Criminal Defense Bar, 2011
- Firearms in Estates Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 2011
- Firearms 101 What Every Practitioner Needs to Know about Firearms Law Berks County Bar Association, 2011
- Firearms in Estates and Trust Dauphin County Bar Association, Cumberland County Bar Association, and Berks County Bar Association, 2008 2009.
Honors and Awards
- Member of the Widener Law Journal
- Graduate Cum Laude from Widener Law School
- Graduate with honors from McGill University
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Berks County Bar Association
- Montgomery Bar Association
- Secretary for the Pottstown Police Athletic League
- Mason Stichter Lodge
- National Rifle Association Benefactor
- Member and Affiliated Attorney of Armed Citizens’ Legal Defense Network, Inc.
- Member and Affiliated Attorney of US Concealed Carry Association and its Defense Shield
- Member of Gun Owners of America
- Member of the Second Amendment Foundation